Well, I’ve been remiss in updating this blog.
We had a very successful Kick Off and are in the middle of Build Season fever.
We showed up at our Scrimmage this past Saturday with a rolling chassis and a teleop program. Nice job Drivetrain and Programming!
So, we have a working drivetrain with our super-secret hypertraction wheels. We will be mounting our “stealth-fighter” passive plow accessory. We are working on a simple 1[or 2??]-degree-of-freedom point-scoring active accessory. We are developing our simple driving autonomous program. And we’ll have our 1st draft of our Engineering Notebook ready.
We’ll be competing on Saturday, November 21st from 12:30-4:30PM at UNH in Manchester, NH.
Wish us luck, and thank you to all our sponsors! [I’ll get y’all added to the webpage sometime soon.]
7/17/15: Thanks to everyone who helped with our “white tornado” cleanup of the AREA Office!
7/26/15: We did a great job inventorying hardware and doing some carpentry work for the shop.
7/30/15: We can finish up our carpentry projects and inventorying.
8/13 & 8/16: We start Java orientation with MIT App Inventor
8/20 & 8/23: We continue our Java orientation with Android Studio
8/27 & 8/30: Introduction to Creo CAD (Computer-Aided Design/Drawing)
9/3 & 9/6: Day before and Sunday of Labor Day Weekend – no meetings??
9/10: First week of school – no meeting!
9/12/15: FTC 2015-2016 KICK OFF!!!
At this past Saturday’s MA FTC Qualifier, after braving horrible driving conditions in the snow that morning, the MIGHTY Mechanics earned the Rockwell Collins Innovate Award, which celebrates such characteristics as “ingenuity and inventiveness”, “the most innovative and creative robot design solution”, “elegant design, robustness, and ‘out of the box’ thinking”, “must work consistently”, “elegant and unique in its design”, “stable, robust and controllable”, and “efficient and consistent with team plan and strategy”.
We will be showing our robot and celebrating this award (and our sister FTC team’s award, along with Agawam High School Rosie Robotics FRC team) this Friday from 4:30-7:30 at Agawam Congregational Church on Main St. at our Ziti Dinner.
It’d be great if you could stop by!!
Well, our Qualifier is coming up on Saturday, January 24th at Arlington High School!
It’s go big or go home time!! We have to win one of the top awards (like Inspire) in order to move forward to the State Championships. I know we can do it!
The harvester is 100% complete. The drivetrain is 90% complete. The arm is 50% complete. We have 2 complete autonomous modes, plus 2 more in development. Our video is due 1/10 and is almost done.
- we now have a strategy and a drivetrain
- final call for brainstorm ideas is this coming Sunday , 11/2: strategy, sensors, autonomous, intake, store, deliver
- We have now switched to Wednesdays 6:30-9:00 and Sundays 3:30-6:00 UOS (unless otherwise specified)
- the calendar is available on this website – I’ll try my best to keep it updated
- this Wednesday (10/29) is “Creo for Idiots” – we will be walking through a selection of the 12 lessons included in “How to Model Almost Anything”; by MIGHTY time! we will be able to model a 3D part, and (2) assemblies: a Tetrix assembly of real parts and a prototype assembly
Fundraisers: something for EVERYONE!
- NOW: cool socks – see attached flyer; the first order sold out in a week – order yours NOW!
- Monday, November 3, ALL DAY: eat @ EB’s (385 Walnut St. Ext.) – a portion of all profits go to Agawam Robotics!
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 4:30-7:30: THIS IS THE BIG ONE!, a sumptuous ziti dinner prepared by Mrs. Cameron and others @ Agawam Congregational Church, 745 Main St. – tickets and posters have been distributed; sell, sell, sell!
- SPONSORS: final sponsor list is due at the end of November in order to get on the shorts in time – do it now! (BTW, the other Agawam FTC team has already gotten 3 new sponsors – what about MIGHTY??)
- search YouTube, Tetrix, LEGO, chiefdelphi, google/bing for robot ideas
- thanks to Mr. Snow, here are 2 YouTube videos to get you started on your search:
- research your Community Outreach project
The 2015 season is coming! The game unveil is on Saturday, September 6 at noonish. See the website for the video.
The Agawam FTC Kick-Off (both teams) will be on Tuesday, September 9 (don’t forget to vote!) from 6:30-8:39 at Agawam Public Library in the large conference room. Parents are required to attend with the student member.
See all y’all then!